Welcome

Welcome and have a look at my work for Distant Stitch - Creative Sketchbooks, Module 6, with tutor Lizzy Lewis

In this module I will make a free-standing book on a theme chosen by me - Close to my heart.

Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2012

Chapter 3: Make a colour study of your wall

 

I played a little with colour before, but now the task is to record the colours of the stones as accurately as possible with any paints, crayons and pencils available.

 

Page 27 First I made a list of my materials. I did not want to use everything on that list or tick it off. The idea was rather not to forget anything. Perhaps this list will grow …

In the end I found I used the paints I am most comfortable with, as I had to squeeze the work into small amounts of time. Otherwise I might have been more adventurous.


Page 32   32 a


Page 32 upper part:
Pencils, partly water soluble, cross-hatched and overlayed

Page 32


Page 32 a:
Soft pastels worked in layers.
I like the areas where the colour blend into each other.










Lower part – soft pastels and watercolour layered, with hard pastels and pencils on top

Page 32

 

Page 33 Page 33:
Layers of soft pastel and acryl gel on grey paper.
The dark edge helps to enhance the light colours.
The paper has a fine stripey texture.

The piece makes me think of long stitches in close shades of colours combined with strips of transparent fabrics.

 

Page 34
Page 34
Watercolour/ oil pastel / watercolour, suggesting layers of threads
Page 34

Watercolour / water soluble wax crayons

The numbers on the pages refer to the stones (the tracing on page 15) – it helped me not to get lost among the many colours and shades.  

Page 35: I used this sheet as a notepad to try out colours. 




As I said above, I might have been more adventurous combining paints. Still I think there is plenty to work with here.
I am a little surprised that the colours are for the most part light and delicate.
Page 35

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen