Welcome

Welcome and have a look at my work for Distant Stitch - Creative Sketchbooks, Module 6, with tutor Lizzy Lewis

In this module I will make a free-standing book on a theme chosen by me - Close to my heart.

Freitag, 6. Februar 2015

Module 4, Chapters 1 & 2 – addition

The very best idea for my story has only surfaced after I had posted Chapter 1 and 2. So here are a few new line and tonal drawings for further use. All the drawings were done on 220 g cartridge paper.

 

1. Walking boots

1-SANY6467 3 Schuhe
4 Schuhe
My walking boots again. I will need this profile view.

Both lines and tones were drawn with B6 pencil.


 
2. Gun

 
Gevär_m-1896_-_Modellexemplar_tillverkat_1896_-_6,5x55mm_-_Armemuseum 1 Gewehr

The photograph of an old gun is from the internet. I don’t know the first thing about guns, so I hope I got the details right. The drawing is too long for the scanner, so I did two scans and made a collage in Picasa, that’s where these awkward lines come from.

2 Gewehr

Drawn with a B6 pencil, lines and tones.

3. Butterfly

 
5 Bläuling 6 Bläuling
A common blue, as I learned from the field guide I used for this drawing. B6 again

 


4. Field edge

 
1-Kornfeld Among the many photographs of a field edge with poppies, this seemed the best. Even so, the thought of drawing all these stalks in the background was intimidating.

7 Feld

In the line drawing I picked out just a few of the stalks to create an impression of the field behind and around the poppies.  Drawn with B6 pencil.

8 a Feld Zwischenstadium

An intermediate state with the tones in the poppies and the background, drawn  with a B9 pencil. This may perhaps be useful further on.

9 Feld fertig

The finished drawing after a lot of work …
I used a kneadable eraser to make  lines in the background and suggest the mass of stalks in the field. I also added  tone to the outlined stalks and the background to set off the poppies. The prickly poppy stalks against the light are not done quite successfully, but on the whole I am satisfied enough to stop at this point before I work it to death. 
   

I am so sorry that I cannot use the images of these wonderful red shoes in this project! But I am resolved to work on with my first idea some other time.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen